UROC Volunteer Sign Up
The UNM Undergraduate Research Opportunity Conference (UROC) will be held in-person at the SUB on Friday, April 21, 2023. We are seeking volunteers to help with all aspects of the conference, including moderators, evaluators and general conference support. This event has been planned and sponsored by various programs, departments, and colleges in order to promote and showcase the UNM undergraduate research activities. To make this event successful, we need YOU. We would greatly appreciate your demonstration of support to us and our students through your participation in this event.
The volunteer activities include:
- Evaluating poster, oral or UROC 180 sessions (Attend presentations and provide written feedback for student presenters)
- Moderating oral or UROC 180 sessions (Introduce oral or UROC 180 presenters, keep sessions on time, facilitate Q&A)
- General Conference support (e.g., staffing the info desk, assisting organizers, setting up posters, etc.)
- Provide an opportunity for undergraduate students to present their research projects in and outside of classroom/lab
- Create the opportunities for undergraduate students to network with faculty, graduate students, and the greater UNM community.
- Showcase the undergraduate research to UNM communities including donors, policy makers, local business and industries, etc.